Social media is demanding for a business! Many businesses utilize a service to post on their behalf at scheduled times. While these services can be helpful in countless ways, it’s important to consider what you’re posting when. Posting the same message on all platforms at the same time certainly will NOT be successful. Consider the following recommendations:
- Facebook: Post once or at most twice per day. Follower engagement drops of drastically when three or more posts are made. Have a picture to share? Post it on Instagram, and cross-post it to Facebook. It will rank higher in the algorithm, thus increasing engagement. Use no more than two hashtags per post.
- Twitter: Post three times per day. After the third post, engagement drops off slightly. Use hashtags with every post.
- LinkedIn: Post once per day, Monday through Friday. Engagement is typically highest if you post right away in the morning (between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m.).
- Pinterest: Post five or more times per day! On Pinterest, the more the merrier!
- Instagram: Post at least once per day. There’s no drop off in engagement when you post more, but you want to be sure you can post consistently. Don’t post ten times one day and then only once per day for the next month.
- Snapchat: Add at least one new snap to your story every 24 hours. Ideally, you want to always have something available for your followers to see. Again, the more the merrier here!
- Blog: Post twice per week. Statistically, when companies increased their blog posting from 3-5x per month to 6-8, their leads doubled.
If you’re reading all that and thinking, “I don’t have time to do all that!,” you’re not alone! It’s not essential for a business to have a presence on EVERY social platform. It is essential, though, that the business is on platforms that make sense for their industry. In a creative industry? Instagram and Pinterest are a must. In a technical industry? Twitter and blogging might be better options. With a little research, you can easily determine which platforms are best for you.